By Jo Walker In Suzy Lamplugh Trust News
Based on advice from the Suzy Lamplugh Trust, the RNIB have produced a ‘Living safely’ guide that suggests practical things those with sight loss can do to help feel and stay safe – whether out and about or in the home.
Adapted in consultation with blind and partially sighted people, the guide is full of tips to stay safe and increase your confidence. It covers how you can:
- prevent and avoid risky situations by planning ahead
- be safer at home – including how to avoid letting bogus callers in and deal with malicious phone calls
- help protect your cash and possessions
- reduce the risk of travelling – whether on public transport, taking a taxi or out walking by yourself
- help to calm situations that could develop into aggression
- deal with situations that have become aggressive
- get the support you need if you are involved in an aggressive or violent incident.
Click here for more information.