For 30 years Suzy Lamplugh Trust has been helping people to lead safer lives
Suzy Lamplugh Trust was founded by Diana and Paul Lamplugh following the disappearance of their daughter Suzy, a young estate agent, in 1986.Since then, the Trust has pioneered personal safety as a life skill and a public policy priority. Read more here.
Our Vision and Mission
- Our vision is a society in which people are safer – and feel safer – from violence and aggression; we want people to be able to live life to the full.
- Our mission is to reduce the risk of violence and aggression through campaigning, education and support.
Suzy Lamplugh Trust Today
Since it was established in 1986, Suzy Lamplugh Trust has grown considerably and its work has broadened to cover a much wider area than the original concept. Suzy Lamplugh Trust employs a growing team of dedicated, professional staff, backed by highly committed volunteers and a network of Training Consultants. Working with a wide range of partners in the public, private and voluntary sector, the Trust continues to seek out new ways to keep people safe from violence and aggression.
Our work includes:
- Helping and supporting people – through the provision of free safety tips, managing the National Stalking Helpline; selling targeted resources to help people improve their personal safety
- Education – training of organisations and individuals in personal safety through in-house training and open access courses; publishing guidance; providing workplace support and consultancy
- Campaigning – working in partnership with other charities, private and statutory organisations; raising awareness; influencing policy makers