Suzy Lamplugh Trust, in partnership with Peoplesafe, is seeking nominations for the National Personal Safety Awards!
We are happy to announce that this year’s National Personal Safety Awards will take place on the 17th of March 2016! The Awards are designed to celebrate the hard work of individuals and groups who have shown a commitment to personal safety. They also provide an opportunity to recognise good practice in the field across all sectors.
Nominations open on the 14th of January 2016 and close on the 11th of February 2016.
Could you, your organisation or someone you know win an award this year? We have nine awards for your consideration, including the Inspiring Individual Award, the Young Person’s Safety Award and the Safer Workplace Award. The full list can be found below.
This year the awards will be supported by and presented in partnership with Peoplesafe, one of the UK’s leading providers of lone worker services.
Nominations for the National Personal Safety Awards are now open! Click here to download your nomination pack.
The Awards for 2016
- The Peoplesafe Personal Safety Champion Award - awarded to the individual who facilitated the improvement of safety for employees in the workplace, especially for those employees who work alone.
- Suzy Lamplugh Trust Safer Workplace Award – awarded to the employer who has done the most to improve personal safety awareness among staff, customer and/or suppliers.
- Suzy Lamplugh Trust Safer Community Award – awarded to a local group, individual or local authority who has done the most to improve the personal safety of others and spread awareness of their work within their local area.
- Suzy Lamplugh Trust Inspiring Individual Award – awarded to the individual who has gone over and above their job roles to promote personal safety in his/her organisation, school or community and inspired others in the process.
- Suzy Lamplugh Trust Taking Stalking Seriously Award – awarded to the individual, community group or organisation that has done the most to support victims of stalking, or has campaigned and helped to raise awareness of the issues surrounding stalking.
- Suzy Lamplugh Trust National Personal Safety Day Award – awarded to the workplace, school, or community champion who did the most to promote personal safety within their own organisation, school/college or local community on and around National Personal Safety Day 2015.
- Suzy Lamplugh Trust Young Person’s Safety Award– awarded to young people (under the age of 25) or a youth group who have improved the personal safety of others. This could be a campaigner or campaign group, a project, or youth organisation which has run projects around personal safety issues.
- Suzy Lamplugh Trust Best Safety Campaign Award– awarded to the individual, police force, local authority or charity which has run the best safety campaign, around issues from street crime and safer travelling, to being safer online or anything which has made people more aware of their personal safety.
- The Safer Campus Campaign Award – awarded to the university or college who submitted the best campaign, during National Personal Safety Day, on campus safety.
Questions? Feel free to drop us a line: email@example.com